Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Sin City: Maybe the Dame Killed Herself Already?

Wow we're on our third post...who would have thought huh? I mean the fact that I have no life at the moment probably has a big factor to it but hey whatever! Welcome back for the third trailer this week in the last two days. That has to be a record...but not really so here we go!

Alright ladies and gents we are delving into the new Sin City today. Oh boy! More blood, more guts, and a lot of vendettas!! I love it! Too bad I'm not in love with the trailer. Seriously either the trailer isn't doing the movie justice or there is not justice to be made, and dear Lord have grand mercy do I hope it's the first one.
I remember the first Sin City like it was yesterday, oh wait it was more like nine years ago. I was nine. I didn't even see the film until I was about 13, but I digress. I love the first Sin City, always will. I love Mickey Rourke, Clive Owen, Rosario Dawson, Bruce Willis, and Benicio Del Toro in the movie. They all have their own unique awesomeness about them, even if they all do the classic voice-over about what's going on and what's happening next. They all had their own style.


Now in the new Sin City it looks like Mickey Rourke's character Marv might be fighting over a braud...again. But it looks like he might not be the only one. It seems that Ray Liotta's character is also fighting for a woman, now are Marv and Liotta's character fighting over the same woman? I would guess yes over the title of the movie, but lets not jump to conclusions. Jessica Alba's character, Nancy from the first movie, is still dancing and romancing. But now she's pulling double duty as a possible assassin. You may recognize the man she is attempting to shoot as Senator Roarke played by Powers Boothe. He was the father of the kid Bruce Willis' character killed and shot the juevos off of...literally in the first movie. You know the yellow dude who killed all those girls, and could do his "duty" if the girls didn't scream. Yeah him, well Nancy is trying to kill his dad. Probably because he's the reason Bruce Willis' character John was tortured, sent to prison, and then in a remote way killed.


Now as stated before we have some new characters. We have Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character whom IMDB calls Johnny. He looks like a little scrawny punk, but of course that'll be the twist to the movie. He's really actually tough by the end of the movie, Sin City toughened him up...go stinkin figure.Then we have Ray Liotta, Josh Brolin, and Christopher Meloni. We also have the dame I think everyone is killing for Ava Lord played by Eve Green. Josh Brolin's character looks like Marv to me, just a little scaled down as does Ray Liotta's character.  Now Christopher Meloni's character looks like a pencil pusher, pushed way too far. Well that's how he looks and says his line in the trailer. He looks a little peeved, so maybe we have a new crazed killer in Sin City?


Now there are a group of people I'm happy to see are going to be in the movie. The prostitutes!!! Rosario Dawson who plays Gail and Jamie Chung who play Miho have returned. Thank goodness! You may also see that Goldie or her sister Wendy are still in play, and joining them it looks like Ms. Alexa Vega. Will she be a prostitute or what? I'm counting on it. Lastly we have the character that was sorrowfully left behind by Mr. Michael Clarke Duncan, Manute. Looks like the character will be picked up by Mr. Samuel L. Jackson. I mean why not? It's not a bad choice at all.

Alright lets really get into this trailer shall we. Well first off, I'm not impressed with Mr. Gordon-Levitt in the trailer. His little macho man line at the end of the trailer isn't impressive. All in all he seems like a punk to me. He doesn't breathe hard boiled Sin City material to me but lets hope he proves me wrong in the movie. Maybe his growth is what brings him along through the story like I said earlier. How original right?
Next the fact that Rourke, Brolin, and Liotta all look like two bit macho man thugs is annoying. All three of them look like bruisers can't we have just a smidge of versatility? I like when characters have a few similarities but when they're the same character it's annoying. They better be made distinct in the movie, or it might get boring. Clive Owen kind of looked like Marv but he had his own personality and dear Lord may I say it "swag" to him. Of course he was nowhere near Marv's size, but he could kick but like him.


Alright I have to address Mr. Gordon-Levitt's scream, and Mr. Meloni's yelling. Both look and sound so fake it's annoying. I mean really fake...like acting. If you're an actor I shouldn't know when you actually are acting. I can just see it. The fakeness. No to the fakeness please, yes to good acting. Maybe that was just the way the trailer rendered it, maybe in the movie it fits.


It's completely possible that they just chose really bad clips for the trailer, and the action from the first movie seems to be nowhere in the second one. I'm not impressed and I'm sad about it. I love Sin City, and I was ecstatic to hear that the second one was coming out. I'm hoping everything I hate in the trailer is better in the actual movie, please don't be false hope. False hope is a waste of time, and I waste my time on plenty of other things already. I miss Clive Owen...really I do...and Benicio Del Toro...even though he was a douche...ahh man....this sucks...it better be good after all this time. I'm not playing any games here.


Well folks I think I'm done with this one. Hopefully I'm wrong...please dear Father in Heaven let me be wrong! Until next time compadres!

No comments:

Post a Comment